Monday, January 20, 2014

Thursday meeting

I will not be able to attend as I am away in Scotland . If I were there my input would be as follows.

1 - We need a definitive list of people who will commit to play every week , or as near as damn it. Not a hopefully or I will try , or maybe , Nothing less than a definite YES.
2- We need to know who may be available on an ad hoc basis.
3- If it looks like the second team will be going with 8 or 9 , then we should withdraw from the league , drastic yes , but it will not be long until the firsts are in need of a player or 2 ( its happened every year , I see no reason for this year to be different )  and then the seconds are down to 7 or 8 .
4- I know that if we withdraw this will effect the cricketing future of some players , myself included,
and those players will have to look at their own position. It cannot be fair to expect any player to travel any distance to play in a team of  7 or 8 .

I sincerely hope that I am being overly pessimistic , and I will commit myself to DBCC this year and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment